1. I love shrimp of any kind.
Who doesn't love shrimp? I'm not sure if it's my favorite food. That may be crab legs but I usually can't afford crab legs so I will stick with shrimp. When I start thinking about all the ways I like shrimp I feel like Bubba, Forest's friend on Forest Gump. You remember the scene where they are at boot camp for the army and Bubba is telling Forest all the different ways you can prepare shrimp. At the end of his list he says, "Well, that's about it!" That's how I feel. I've never had shrimp that I didn't like. I would have to say that I love fried, boiled, scampi, and curry the best. I had never had shrimp curry until I met Philip. It's his favorite too. I still can't make it like his mother. She gave me her recipe but it has only come out right once. I just don't know the spices enough to know if I need more of one and less of another one. One day I will watch her from the beginning and see if I can't get it right.
I used to love when we went to the coast house (in Pass Christian, MS) and eat tons of shrimp. We used to eat until we were sick. The coast house (as my family calls it) is a house that was owned by my dad's company. The first time I ever went was when I was 6 weeks old. We went every year after that at least once. We even took our kids there. It was destroyed with Katrina. All that was left was the toilet, still attached to the wall. It wasn't a Destin condo by any means but it was nice enough and we didn't know any different when we were young. When we were older it was just nice to get away.
Here is a picture of the toilet that remained.
Here is a picture of what was left of the pool. It used to have a metal fence all around it and these beautiful shade trees.
I think one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp when I was growing up was with the fondue pot. My mom had one that you plugged in so it really cooked your food. She would have steak and shrimp and we would cook it ourselves right at the table. Fun memories.
Well, that is number 1. Look for number 2 coming very soon.
Tell me your favorite way to have shrimp...
2 comments:
Those days at the "coast house" were very special. Lots of good memories there! Remember when we would go "crabbing" and bring the crabs back and cook them and eat them that night!! Some good eating took place in the "coast house"!!!
Hey I remember the fondue pot too! That was so cool. I used to request that we eat shrimp and steak fondue for my birthday meal. So fun. Maybe we should get some fondue pots and have a family dinner again...
Post a Comment