Wednesday, March 11, 2009

#4 (From Facebook's 25 Random Things)

#4 I miss my friend in GA

You may be asking, "Who is your friend in GA?" Well, let me introduce my friend to you. Her name is Buffy Thomas. She lives in Grayson, GA with her husband, Rob and 3 children.

Here is a picture of Buffy and Rob
I met Buffy when we moved to Jackson, MS out of seminary. Our first job was at FBC, Jackson. Rob was on staff there as associate Minister of Music. Buffy came to meet me after church on our first Sunday night there. She had a little boy named Andrew and he was 3 weeks older than Brice. We got the boys together to play several times and our friendship grew from there. When Buffy had her second baby, a girl (Emily), 3 months later I had Shelby. She didn't have her third as soon as I did. But Abby was born just 3 years after Eli. We have vacationed together lots of times which has always proven to be a great time. We have shared our moving experiences and change in churches together and have cried and laughed together.

We have seen each other through a lot over the last 14 years. I miss her so much. She is one of those friends that you can go for long periods of time without talking to and pick up right where you left off. Our kids are that way too. It's so weird when we stop and think about it.

Rob and Buffy have been through a lot in the last 7 years. Cancer, loss of jobs, moving.... Through it all, they have stayed strong and have such strong faith. I wish I had a video of them singing. They both have the most incredible voices and talents with music.

I think about Buffy almost everyday. I wish so many times that I could just pop by her house and grab a cup of her coffee. (She always has coffee) I know I haven't always been there for her like I should have (life just gets in the way sometimes) but I know she understands and loves me anyway. Pray for Buffy and Rob and their children. They are very special to me and I know they would love to have you pray for them.

Tell me about a special friend of yours....

No comments: