6 years ago Philip started talking to about starting a church in the Madison area. Oh, he had talked about it before but now he was serious. I thought he was crazy! For one thing, I never wanted to marry a minister in the first place. I really fought him on this and cried and yelled and I lost... No, I"m just kidding. I would have never wanted to go against what God was telling Philip but I was really scared! After much prayer and talking and meetings, he left his full time, comfortable, safe, insurance carrying position at a local church to start LifeBridge. We started in our den with about 16 people. The kids hung out in the garage and the adults were in the den. We meet on Sunday nights. Philip worked 3 jobs to support us. I wasn't working at the time. I was selling Mary Kay, though and bringing in enough money to help a little.
Since then we have grown constantly and now average around 200 people. We meet in Madison Station Elementary School and are getting ready to build on our land. The story of the land is another story I'll have to write about another day. We have seen some incredible things since LifeBridge has started. There are always challenges and struggles but God always proves faithful.
I am involved in the nursery and preschool areas. My sister, Melanie, and I have been over that area for almost a year. The kids love LifeBridge as well. They love to invite their friends and they love to volunteer with the young ones. Brice and Shelby's youth group is called Amplify. They meet every Wednesday night and love it. They recently started meeting in the warehouse behind where I work. It's a great time. Brice is even auditioning to be in the praise band.
I can't wait to see how God works through LifeBridge in the next year. Please pray for Philip and our other staff as we build a building. We want to please God in all we do and make it a place that will serve the community.
What do you like about your church?
No comments:
Post a Comment