Friday, March 20, 2009

Shelby's 13th birthday

Shelby turned 13 this week! Oh my! She had a great day. We started celebrating early. We went shopping on Saturday for new bed covers for her. We found some really cute things but finally settled on this...

Isn't it cute. It goes really good in her room with the brown walls. She also found some rain boots that she has been wanting.

On her actual birthday my mom and I took her shopping for some clothes. My mom usually takes the kids shopping for new clothes and we found a lot. While we were gone the boys cleaned the house and made Shelby this sign that was hanging in the garage. I would have never thought they could be so thoughtful.

That night for dinner Shelby wanted flat iron steak, green beans and potato casserole. She asked for a cookie cake. It is the ugliest cake I have ever made. The icing just didn't do what I wanted it to do and I couldn't find the decorating tip that I needed. Oh well. It tasted good and Shelby enjoyed it.
She opened her presents after that. She got an over night bag to take to her friend's houses when she spends the night and she got a promise ring and new book. She had a great day!
I can't believe that she is 13! I remember when she was born like yesterday.


She was 3 1/2 weeks early. She was so blue and limp when she was born. It scared me to death. She came out face up. My doctor called that "sunny side up". I guess that effected her breathing at first. She was a pretty good baby, though. She adjusted to our crazy life right away. Brice really loved her and was a big help to me. He didn't like it when she cried. He would make sure he told her it was going to be alright. When she drooled, he would say, "Hers drippin' mama!"

1 comment:

Mamaw & Papaw said...

I also remember the day Shelby was born. Isn't she sweet?? I love her baby dress too!!