My attic, as a child, looked a lot like this one. It wasn't full, but had lots of boxes and old stuff. It was mostly Christmas decorations, probably. When I was still in elementary school my sister had an accident that involved the garage door being torn down. (won't go into that one here) After that, we decided to enclose the garage and make it a "play room" complete with pool table. I loved hanging out in that room. One day I decided I wanted to see what was in the attic. It's one of those doors that pulls down from the ceiling with the folding ladder. I went in the attic and decided it was pretty fun. I took toys up there and had my own little special get away. I remember playing school up there and reading, probably even took my meals up there. I asked my dad the other day if he knew that I did this. He doesn't remembering knowing about it. You know it gets pretty hot in an attic and when I opened the door to play, I'm sure I let all that hot air into the house. Not very smart. But when you aren't paying the bills, you don't really care. Fun childhood memories!!!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
#14 (From Facebook's 25 Random Things)
#14 I used to play in my attic when I was a kid
My attic, as a child, looked a lot like this one. It wasn't full, but had lots of boxes and old stuff. It was mostly Christmas decorations, probably. When I was still in elementary school my sister had an accident that involved the garage door being torn down. (won't go into that one here) After that, we decided to enclose the garage and make it a "play room" complete with pool table. I loved hanging out in that room. One day I decided I wanted to see what was in the attic. It's one of those doors that pulls down from the ceiling with the folding ladder. I went in the attic and decided it was pretty fun. I took toys up there and had my own little special get away. I remember playing school up there and reading, probably even took my meals up there. I asked my dad the other day if he knew that I did this. He doesn't remembering knowing about it. You know it gets pretty hot in an attic and when I opened the door to play, I'm sure I let all that hot air into the house. Not very smart. But when you aren't paying the bills, you don't really care. Fun childhood memories!!!
My attic, as a child, looked a lot like this one. It wasn't full, but had lots of boxes and old stuff. It was mostly Christmas decorations, probably. When I was still in elementary school my sister had an accident that involved the garage door being torn down. (won't go into that one here) After that, we decided to enclose the garage and make it a "play room" complete with pool table. I loved hanging out in that room. One day I decided I wanted to see what was in the attic. It's one of those doors that pulls down from the ceiling with the folding ladder. I went in the attic and decided it was pretty fun. I took toys up there and had my own little special get away. I remember playing school up there and reading, probably even took my meals up there. I asked my dad the other day if he knew that I did this. He doesn't remembering knowing about it. You know it gets pretty hot in an attic and when I opened the door to play, I'm sure I let all that hot air into the house. Not very smart. But when you aren't paying the bills, you don't really care. Fun childhood memories!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment