This is my big sister, Melanie (with her sweet husband, Woody) Melanie is almost 7 years older than me. I was born two weeks early and my mother missed Melanie's dance recital because of me. I'm sure Melanie and my mom have forgiven me but I'm reminded of that fact often. My sister is loved by many. She is a wife to Woody (for 25 years), a mother to Zach and Hannah, an aunt, a daughter, a friend and my sister. I love her very much.
We had our favorite foods that my mother used to make. And dreaded some days when she made certain things. We went on several camping trips through the years and even survived sharing a bed in a small camper.
Melanie is a beautiful person inside and out. Look how cute she was as a little girl. I can remember wanting to be just like her when I got older.
I know I probably drove her crazy, wanting to be in her room all the time and wanting to know what she was doing and who she was with.
I don't ever remember her getting mad at me or yelling at me. She may have, but I don't remember. Maybe I blocked all that out because I only wanted to remember the good parts. From the picture below, you can tell I wanted to be with her all the time. I couldn't even let her take a birthday picture without me.
Even during her "awkward" years, I thought she was pretty. The picture below looks like our mother had a few "awkward" years too. Ha Ha!!
When Melanie was in high school she was on the dance team. Of course, I thought that was awesome. I used to sit down on the gym floor of the basketball games close to the cheerleaders because they knew my sister and I thought they should know me too. I'm sure Melanie could have killed my mother for letting me do that.
My sister has been there for me through the years. From broken hearts, to health issues, from the births of our children to moving out of town. She is there to listen with me, cry with me, laugh with me and now working at the church with me. I never thought in a million years that my husband would be my sister's pastor. But, she doesn't treat me like her pastor's wife, to her I'm just her little sister. Thank you, Melanie for being there for me, for praying for me and for supporting me. I've always thought you were beautiful and I still do.
2 comments:
Thanks for all the sweet comments-even though you are my "little" sister, I look "up" to you. I think you are so brave, smart, and a great mom and wife. I look at your kids and think, "now why didn't I do that with my kids?" I think you are beautiful too. Thanks for always being there for me too. You are really special!
I am very proud of both of "my girls"!! You are both beautiful and I love you very much! Mom
Post a Comment