My Dad with my Mom

I know most little girls think there dad is the best. You consider him the "rock" of your family. I was no exception to that. Yes, my dad got on my nerves. No, my dad didn't give me everything I wanted. No, my dad wasn't cool. BUT...my dad loved me and he gave me everything that I needed and he helped me along the way to do what he felt was best for me. I love the picture above. It is of me, at the beach, when I was only a year old. You can see someone is holding my hand. It is my dad's hand. He was helping me and guiding me along the way. He has always and still helps me along the way. Even now, when I am a grown woman and wife and mother, I still ask him for his help. Some times it's just to bounce ideas off of or to seriously ask him for his advice. I don't always take it but I do listen to him. Philip and I have asked many questions over the years. We have both learned a lot from him.
I'm a big worrier. Always have been. I can still remember when I was in elementary school my mother was out of town one week. My dad was having to take care of me and my sister and brother and work. I was worried about something (don't' remember what) and he came in my room and read out of the Bible where it talks about worrying. He told me that if God takes care of the birds outside than he can take care of me. He was always encouraging that way. To this day, if you go upstairs, next to the treadmill you find his Bible and devotion book. He has pictures on the desk of people he is praying for. He is a great example to me.
My dad is a reader. He is always reading something whether it is a book, newspaper, magazine or something on the Internet. It is very seldom that we go to my parents house and he doesn't have a stack of clippings from the newspaper or magazines for us to read. He is a very smart man and I love him alot. I will probably never know how many people he has helped throughout the years. But I do know that he is willing to serve wherever he is needed.
I'm proud to have him as my dad and I love his advice....

No comments:
Post a Comment