Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter 2009

I've been meaning to update about Easter last week but I've been sick all week and haven't felt like it. We were able to go to my parent's house last Saturday and have Easter dinner with them. It was so good to be together and enjoy good food. Shelby and Eli hunted eggs while we tried to keep up and take pictures. Eli hid them for Brice with a little help from Philip. After we had dinner with the family the kids came home and played while Philip and I were a little lazy. Philip was getting ready for Sunday so I can't say he was very successful in that lazy thing, but I was.

Easter Sunday was very good. We had a good church service and a good lunch with a friend from the past. Philip's really good friend and mentor, Jim Doremus, has a son and daughter in law that live in Jackson. They came to visit LifeBridge and we were so excited to see them. I had never met Chris' wife, Jocelyn. She is so sweet and we enjoyed visiting with them over lunch. Chris leaves soon for another deployment to Iraq. Please spend some time praying for both of them. Chris has been before but the first time he wasn't married and I'm sure it will be difficult leaving Jocelyn. We are hoping to see more of Jocelyn at LifeBridge or at least hear from her from time to time during this next year.

After lunch we just came home and enjoyed the day. No one wanted to go back to school or work on Monday. We needed another day! We have no more vacations from school until summer. Man, it's hard to believe that the summer is almost here. Time flies.

Having a busy weekend with soccer and church stuff. Big news to be reported tomorrow about the building plans! Can't believe we are at this point! I will actually be able to sit in worship tomorrow. I think it has been about 7 weeks since I have been able to be in there! I'm looking forward to it. Until next time.....

No comments: