Saturday, April 18, 2009

#10 (From Facebook's 25 Random Things)

#10 I love my mother's cream corn

There are so many things that mother cooks that I love but one of my favorites is her cream corn. Some times we call it fried corn but either way it is so good. My nephew, Zach, and I can't get enough. Every time we get together as a family we are looking to see if she has made it. She has given me the recipe and I have made it a couple of times but it's still not as good as hers. It is a lot of work too. Cutting off all that corn takes time!
My mom made cream corn for our Easter dinner and I just had to take a picture to go along with my blog update. Doesn't it look good???!!! Look at all that butter around the side.... YUM! Mom, I'm requesting this for my birthday! I don't care what else we have, I just know that I want cream corn.

Some other favorites of my mom's cooking: Frozen cranberry salad, sauteed vegetables (the ones with cabbage), shrimp stroganoff, gumbo, seafood bisque, and so many more. Thanks mom for all the good cooking for all these years. It's nice to be able to "go home" and have good food.

No comments: