Wednesday, April 8, 2009

#9 (From Facebook's 25 Random Things)

#9 I wanted to be a physical therapist

When I first went to college I didn't know what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I don't think many college freshmen do. I knew that I loved science so I decided to claim Biology as my major. By the second semester with little thought, and probably less prayer, I decided that Physical Therapy was where I wanted to land. It was much easier way back then and I was very interested in it.

When I was in college I didn't study like I should have. I was more interested in the social scene. Philip says I was just looking for a husband. Well, maybe he was right! Anyway, I was not a good enough student to just study the night before a test. I needed to take time each day to study along the way. I didn't do that. I took Human Anatomy and Physiology my first semester, Sophomore year. I made a D. A big, fat D! I decided it wasn't for me. I wish so many times that I would have just started over. Taken it again and done better. Instead after a couple trys at different things I landed into Elementary Education. I did really well and went through my student teaching with flying colors but it was never wanted I really wanted to do. I'm so glad that I have a college degree to fall back on but I just wish some of the time that it had been physical therapy. I still would have been a stay at home mom but I think that I would have worked in the field for a few years and really enjoyed it. I probably would have even worked somewhere part time and loved it. Don't get me wrong, I love where I am in my life. Working part time for a really good friend and being home with the kids in the afternoons and when they need me other times. I just hope that when my kids get to college that they can remember the lesson that I learned! I will try to remind them often. :)

1 comment:

MomOfThree said...

Let's go back to school. You study PT and I will get that art degree! Do you think our families would notice if we went back to the dorm? Wait...that's right. Our room isn't there anymore!