Thursday, June 25, 2009

#16 From Facebook's 25 Random things

#16 I love driving my kids to school (great conversations)

I have always driven my kids to school. I do complain about the carpool line but taking them is a different story. Some days they are very quiet but other days they are very talkative. You can really see into their world on days that they are talking. You can find out who they hang out with, who is mad at them, who they are mad at, what teachers they like, what tests they think they failed, why they didn't sleep well they night before, what they want to do on the weekend, and sometimes what they think about life in general.

Life is so busy these days and it's nice to just take some time out to listen to your kids. I will miss that this year with Brice. He will drive himself to school this year. UGH!! Can't believe it!!! I will have to find some other time to get into his head. I guess the best thing we can do is listen when they do talk and pray for them the rest of the time.

No comments: