Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Big News
Ok, so maybe it's not big news for everyone. But for the Thurman house, it's a big deal. Brice, Philip and I have decided that Brice will not play select soccer this next year. We have dealt with this decision for a couple of years now and this year we are following through with our gut feelings. Brice has played with this club since he was in 4th grade. (he is going into the 9th) We have spent who knows how much money for club fees, team fees, uniforms, hotel rooms, gas money, food, injuries and even more time with practices and traveling. Brice was tired of being gone all the time and being gone from church. This year our club and a rival club (Jackson Futbol Club) have decided to merge a couple of the age groups, ours being one of them. We thought it would be a good year to take off because of this. We can sit back and see how things progress with this and see how we feel next year at this time. Brice will play JV at the high school and play on a rec team. He and Shelby are thinking about playing for a Division 2 team also. This is what Shelby played on this past season. They travel some but not nearly as much as the select teams do. I know that the competition will not be anywhere near what Brice is used to and he will miss his friends. But as for our family, I think it was the right decision. Pray for Brice has he switches gears a bit and tries new things and for him with his friendships. I hope that the boys that he has played with, that are continuing to play on the team, won't shun him or exclude him. He does have other friends at school but I would just hate him to lose the friends he has had for so many years. But on the other hand, if they were only friends with him because he was on the team I guess they aren't worth much anyway. Thanks for praying...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Big decision!!! We support all of you in it! I pray that Brice will make new friends that will be as close as his "soccer" friends. Keep up your good spirits and you will be fine. We love you!
Ok, just checked into your blog and loved it...I am gonna put you as a link to my blog.
The kids are so great! I am glad you are enjoying this time of life,I can remember those hazy, crazy days of summer w/our girls.
Can't wait till Steve gets home from camp to show this to him..
Joy, John 15:11
Debi O.
Post a Comment