Saturday, January 19, 2008

MS Snow

So, we woke up this morning with a light dusting of snow on the grass and places like the roof, grill and slide. About 30 minutes after we got up it started snowing and snowed about 2 hours. I know my brother is laughing at us getting so excited about this amount of snow. (he lives in Wisconsin where it was -9 this morning) My children have never seen snow so it was pretty exciting for them.

Brice had fun making snow balls and they did have a snow ball fight.

Eli didn't stay out very long. He was out there long enough to get really wet and really cold. He came in after about 20 minutes and got in the bathtub.

Shelby was the first one out. She was trying to wake up all the neighbors so they could play.



The neighbors built the MS version of a snowman. I thought he was pretty cute. The had to take a bucket around the street to gather snow from mailboxes and trampolines. They had to tear him down to have enough snow to make snowballs.








Posted by Picasa
The aftermath... We don't have the typical "snow" clothes so everything was soaking wet. We went through all the gloves we had and tons of socks. Some of the gloves aren't in the picture. I had to wash them. Brice just came in and said, "It was fun while it lasted!" I'm so glad they were able to see snow. This is something they will remember for a long time. One day we will visit my brother in the winter and we can see what "real" snow is all about!

4 comments:

Mamaw & Papaw said...

The snow was so pretty falling! We all got excited - even ME! It didn't really last long enough. It is already melting.

I'm glad the grandkids had a good time playing in it - even though it wasn't for very long.

Mamaw & Papaw said...

By the way, CUTE snowman!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be sure to share your snow pictures with my Wisconsin friends. They will get a kick out of the snowman!

Anonymous said...

By the way Shelby. You look very stylish, even in the snow.