Friday, November 16, 2007

Tuck Day

Posted by PicasaToday was Tuck Day at the middle school. The 6th grade students read the book "Tuck Everlasting" which was set in the 1800's. Today, at school, the students were to dress as one of the characters and learn more about that time period. They made butter to go with flapjacks. They made candles, learned to crochet, panned for gold, learned to square dance and many other things. She had a lot of fun! She was the character "Winnie". She had a pet toad and wore braids in her hair.
We are out next week for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to the break. Brice and Philip are in VA for a soccer trip. They will be back next week. Philip said it is cold!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You look so grown up.

The Thurmans said...

Thank you. I can't wait to see you this Christmas.

Much love: Shelby

Mamaw & Papaw said...

You look good, Shelby! I especially like your skirt! (hee, hee!!) I know you had fun learning to do all of those things they used to do in the 1800's.

The Thurmans said...

Thanks Mamaw. The skirt was actualy very helpful. It was very cold that day. Remember the poncho that you made my mom, I wore that and it helped ALOT!!!!!!!