Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Life and Times of the Thurman Kids


Eli is very excited that it was cool enough to wear his new pajamas. My mom took us shopping this week and Eli, Brice and Shelby all picked out Sponge Bob pjs. Eli is having fun watching football on tv. The other day before school I was busy getting things ready for everybody going to school and walked into our bedroom. Eli had the TV on ESPN watching sports center. I said,"What are you watching?" He said, "I love football". He and Brice have a game going in the den with a small football. One day they are going to really get hurt!






Shelby has been improving everyday with her clarinet. At first, it sounded pretty rough. I can't wait to hear her at Christmas. The band has a Christmas concert and they always surprise the parents as to how much they have improved. Shelby had a soccer game Monday night. They lost again but she played hard. We just can't get that ball to go into the net. Shelby had one shot on goal that I think was in but the ref thought otherwise. She gets her report card tomorrow. I already know that she made two B's and the rest A's. I'm so proud of her. She has worked really hard.


Brice is busy with his texting. That's all he seems to do these days. As soon as he gets done with homework he grabs that phone. We had a nice quiet night at home tonight and all I hear is that phone letting him know he has another message. We are in B'ham this weekend. Another (and the last) of the Premier League games. I'm ready to get all that behind us. I hope we will at least do better than we have been doing. I'm not asking for a win but a tie would be good. Or at least not a score of 5-0!!

I'm starting my Christmas shopping tomorrow so I will be watching these kiddos closely.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is looking so grown up. I'm glad Eli likes football!! I look forward to throwing with him when I am home in December. Shelby will need to play her clarinet for me too. When is her concert? I will be there in December so I wanted to know if it will be while I am there. What's the deal with Brice's soccer team this year? Maybe he just needs to play the real version of football :) Getting rather cold here now...tonight will be in the low 40's. Trees changing colors. My kind of weather. Tell everyone hello for me. Can't wait to see everyone.

Mamaw & Papaw said...

I love to keep up with everyone too. It's good to see what is going on behind the scenes (that is at home!)

Papaw said...

I look forward to seeing you tonight.

Donna Whipple said...

I love seeing how The Thurman Family mirrors the life and times of The Whipple Family. It is so fun to keep up with what is going on with you all and smiling as I see you all are where we are in life. The kids look great-Eli is so big! Brennan and Bailee viewed the site and enjoyed getting the latest scoop. Love and miss you all! Donna