Thursday, October 18, 2007

Team Sports

This week in football we played the undefeated, Clinton. Let's just say they are still undefeated. Brice is the new punter. I'm not really sure how this came about other then the coach wanting to see what he could do. Brice said yesterday the team was watching a film of their game and the coach said, " Brice, where have you been all season". He did really good. When he was playing as wide receiver, he didn't get but one ball passed to him and the guy defending him was about two feet taller than Brice. It was thrown a little short so neither one of them got it. We have two more games left and then we are all soccer. In the picture above the coach is telling Brice he did the right thing. He had to jump for the ball to kick it and his kick was a little short but he kicked it to the side which made it go out of bounds. I'm assuming that is good...

One of his many kicks

He said it is scary because you have to concentrate on catching the ball and then hurry and kick it when you know their are guys coming right at you. He did have one punt where someone hit him after he had kicked the ball and they received a penalty. Go Brice!!!

Shelby had a great weekend of soccer. She won both of her games. The pictures are from the first one. I had to miss the second because of our trip to B'ham. (Brice lost both games. No surprise there!) Shelby didn't have any goals scored on her when she was in goal and she scored two goals and assisted two when she played on the field. She was so excited and worn out by Saturday night. She plays again on Monday night. Hopefully, we can continue our wins!! Notice in the picture below, her jersey says LifeBridge Church. The church was able to sponsor our team. Cool, huh?! Well, we should have a pretty quiet weekend at home this weekend. We have no soccer and not too much planned. I'm trying to get Eli to dance for me so I can get him on video and put it on the blog. Maybe I can talk him into that this weekend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mamaw & Papaw said...

Great pictures & great kids too! I can say "AMEN" to what Lori wrote. They both played very well! It is so good to be able to watch them at sports. I feel very blessed! Way to go, Shelby & Brice!