Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Roller Coaster Day

Today has been a wild ride. I went to bed last night not wanting to watch the returns from the election. It was too depressing. I was really tired from the night before. Philip had been snoring loudly and clearing his throat all night. He is sick and does have an excuse. Anyway, when I woke up today I knew the results without even having to ask. Philip had watched TV until around 10:30 and he did tell me eventually the results but I knew... I was depressed, sad, mad, hopeless...for awhile. And then I remember that God is still on the throne, the sun still come up this morning, the kids still have to go to school, Philip still is going to work and I'm still going on a field trip with Eli's class. All that I can do about the situation is pray. Pray that God will still bless our country, pray that our new president will make smart decisions, pray that we will continue to trust in God and no one else. I'm trying not to worry which really isn't new for me. My father in law had a good quote that I used on my Facebook page this morning: Our trust is still in God who is our refuge and not in the political leaders we may elect. I really like that. Tonight I'm just tired. It's been a long day and I'm ready to get everyone to bed. I still have a while...

I'll will post some pictures of the field trip soon. We really had a blast...

1 comment:

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

Hey Lori, thank you so much for the "tip." I'll try anything. I didn't know y'all had a blog. Great to see pics of y'all. I will add y'all to our link list so i can keep up more. Hope all is well. r