Saturday, October 4, 2008

I will not survive...

...The teenage years! Last night was homecoming for Madison. Brice, Eli and Philip went to the game for a little while. Shelby and I had a girls night.(or we tried to) Shelby and I went and rented a movie and then went by the store to get cookie dough. We made our cookies, waxed our eyebrows and settled in for our movie night. As soon as we started the movie, the boys came in. Shelby said, "You guys leave again, you'll ruin it!" Oh well, the movie was still good even though we had to share it with the boys!
Brice got dressed up after the movie to go to the Homecoming dance. He didn't take a date, just went by himself. It was over at 12:00 and then there was a breakfast after it that he was not going to, or so I thought. I waiting up until about 11:45 and left the house to pick him up. You should have seen the cars lined up. I'm glad that I got there when I did or I would have been 12:30 getting him. When I got there Brice had been thinking about going to the breakfast. (it was not over until 2:00) I just kept thinking, "I could have gone to bed at 10:00". Well, he ended up going with a friend and his mom to the breakfast and getting home a little after 1:00. I waited for him on the couch and he woke me up to let me know he was home. I was thinking that I won't be able to survive those late nights every weekend when he starts dating or going out with friends. Not only do I have to think and worry about his choices but he will be driving then. Oh no!!!

Well, I feel a nap coming on this afternoon since Eli woke me up before 7:00 this morning. He has a soccer game at 10:00 and then we have several things to get ready for tomorrow and then I'm crawling back in the bed.

The fun never ends at the Thurman house...

No comments: