Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy B'day Eli

Yesterday we celebrated Eli's birthday. He is 7 years old! I took cupcakes to his class yesterday and then Gan Gan came to see him. She brought presents! He opened the presents that we gave him also. He is really big into Star Wars these days. That's all he wanted for his gifts. I've been working all day on his cake. It is suppose to be a scene from Star Wars III. I guess it will do... (picture below) We met my parents at PF Changs tonight for dinner. Eli's choice. It was so good. We were all so full. Tomorrow afternoon Eli and 3 of his friends are going to the new Star Wars movie and then coming back here for cake and ice cream. It should be a lot of fun! I can't believe that Eli is 7. I remember the day he was born. I woke up early when my water broke. I got up, got a shower, got dressed and put on my makeup. I made sure the kids had lunch money for the next few days, wrote their teachers notes, washed clothes and made breakfast. I then got Philip and the kids up and we took Shelby to school. Brice woke up with a sore throat so I called his doctor and made an appoitment for him. I called my mother to take Brice to the doctor and we headed to the hospital. Eli Jacob was born at 2:45 pm. I just knew that he was a girl and that he was going to be big. He was most definetly not a girl and he was not big. He weighed 5 lbs. 6oz. He was such a joy and I don't know what I did with out him. I love you Eli and Happy Birthday!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mamaw & Papaw said...

WOW! What a cake! Mom you did good!! I have made a lot of cakes in my time, but that is definately the coolest one I've ever seen!