The day started out pretty smooth. Eli didn't eat too much but seemed pretty happy. I can tell he is nervous in this picture but I wasn't expecting what happened when we got to his class.
We stopped and talked a second to the teacher across the hall. (Shelby's 2nd grade teacher) and then I asked for a picture with Ms. Walsh (Eli's teacher) I said good bye really quick and we started walking away and then the flood gates opened up! I just hugged him really hard and told him to wipe his face and go on in. He went in and then out again. I pulled him aside and told him that he was going to be fine and that I would see him this afternoon. He wiped his eyes and went on in. I hope is okay now! This is one of the main reasons that I wanted to hold him back in 1st grade. He needs a little confidence and a self esteem booster. I will have to work on that. Eli's best friend is in his class so I'm pretty sure the tears stopped soon after I left and that he is fine now. He is so like his mother... (Right Mom?????)I thought the hard part was going to be sending Brice to high school. At least he is in a 9th grade only school this year and doesn't have to face all the "big" kids yet. He and our neighbor went together this morning. They have the first two classes together. He got out like no big deal and headed in like there was nothing to it. Nothing to it????!!!! My baby is going to 9TH GRADE!!!! Oh my goodness!!!
Isn't he handsome!!!
Shelby was a piece of cake today. She woke up in a semi good mood and we fixed her hair before I left to take Eli. When I got back she was ready and had her lunch fixed and everything. She was only worried about one teacher. She doesn't want the Social Studies teacher that Brice had. He is a coach for the high school girls' softball team. He was pretty hard. He had to learn lots and lots of maps. Maybe she got someone else. Shelby is changing so much in her looks. Since she got her braces she looks so much older! She's so pretty!!!
I can't believe it's time for school again. It's so quiet around here this morning. I don't know what to do with myself. I guess I could go do some laundry or something. I think I'll go and pray for all the kids. That should make me feel better. Especially about Eli. Poor Eli, he had to turn out like his mom!

1 comment:
They all looked so good on their first day of school! I guess Eli is a lot like you but he will turn out fine after all YOU DID!!
Just hang in there, Eli, you will be smarter than all the others.
Lookin' good!
Post a Comment