Last weekend we started a big project. Almost 5 years ago I had this great idea to paint Eli's room like an American Flag. He was born several weeks before the 9/11 tragedy and I have always been partial to flags for him. We worked really hard on this paint job so when Eli wanted his room painted again, we just put him off until we couldn't anymore. We had to sand the red stripes a good bit to not be able to see the lines through the paint. We painted two coats of primer and only had to paint one coat of actual paint. We decided that Brice was out growing his bed because it has a foot board and his feet were hitting the end of the bed so we gave Eli his bed and dresser. He was so excited. Since the first night that Eli slept in his "new bed" he has slept later than he ever has. I don't know if it's the bed or the fact that his walls are darker and it's darker in the morning it there. He loves his room and now is trying to decide what bed spread he wants. He really wants a Star Wars theme but I'm trying to steer him away from that. He won't like Star Wars for long... We will see.
Eli has 12 foot ceilings in his room so we had to borrow the church's ladder. I don't like ladders so I could only paint as far as my arm could reach. Take a look at the before, during and after.
1 comment:
It all looks sooooo good! You all did a wonderful job with all of the rooms. They should all sleep better aftr all of that.
Brice, I especially like the flags on your dresser. Also, the furniture is really nice.
Post a Comment